Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sketchbook #01

I bought this little sketchbook sometime back, and not until recently that I've decided to actually draw on it. I don't know about other people, but I have that strange attitude towards drawing in these things. I end up being overly conscious, thinking if I really should draw on it or not, or my drawing might end up looking really crappy. It's really hard to explain.

Moving on. While we were heading back to the office after lunch, I saw this old, bearded street cleaner, taking his cigarette break. I though it'd be great to draw that scene, where he was just sitting down on the road side, smoking and having his afternoon coffee. So I did. I remember glancing at that scene from time to time just to force my self to recall all that detail or at the very least, the important bits of it.

I still see the old man from time to time at that same spot, having his smoke break. He did manage to trim his beard a bit..well a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment